Friday 21 August 2009

~*~ It's only a number ~*~

Ah well, another year older and a little wiser as I celebrate that last of my THIRTIES (picture a sulking Lisa not looking forward to turning the BIG 40 next year) . . . please tell me that the saying is true to word!!

Well my week off work has flown by in the blink of an eye and I'm not looking forward to returning to the daily grind next week . . . especially as the children are still off School, i've so enjoyed spending time with them catching up on their 'to do' lists which are not yet finished due to the lack of sunshine we've had this summer.

In preparation for some quality craft time over the coming months i've grabbed myself a couple of new patterns and books which are bursting with ideas to try . . . here is a taster as I share some of the pages with you!






Pretty little patchwork arrived this morning and is bursting with 32 projects to tempt and inspire with a twist of vintage chic.


From pincushions to aprons, to coasters to tote-ally cute bags i'm sure I'm going to be stuck for choice on what to make first!






100 flowers to knit & crochet (best get learning to crochet hadn't I!!) is literally packed with a delightful collection of flowers that can be used to embelish just about anything.

For anyone considering purchasing this book it has a thumbs up from me as it is presented beautifully and full of inspirational ideas from simple roses, pretty poppies and elaborated layered blooms with clear pattern instructions and information on yarn requirements.

1 comment:

PATCHWORK TALES said...

Sorry I missed your Birthday Lisa.Only one more year until you reach the forties,when everything not tucked in hits the floor!Trust me..it does happen!
Hope it was a fun day for you.x